This week’s Blog is about Silver, which is a precious metal that is highly sought after. For your information, we have compiled some fascinating facts about this shiny metal.
1. Silver’s chemical symbol is AG. It is one of the elements in the periodic table.
2. Silver can be found in the earth’s crust along with Gold and Copper, and it is often found in an alloy of these two metals.
3. Silver is a precious metal that has been used as a currency for 100 years in the form Bullion and Silver Coin Bullion.
4. While silver is most commonly used to invest, it can also be used in other valuable metals such as electronics and household items like tableware, cutlery, and Xray machines. It can also be used as a disinfectant, and it is used to treat warts.
5. Silver is harder than Gold, and it isn’t as malleable.
6. E Coli can be treated with silver.
7. People can quit smoking by using silver.
8. Although silver conducts electricity more efficiently than other metals, it isn’t used nearly as often as copper due to its high price.
9. While Silver is more readily available than Gold in an n alloy state, it is much less accessible in its pure form.
10. Silver conducts heat very well.
11. One Ounce of silver can be made into a wire that is 8000 feet long.
12. More than 320 times is silver mentioned in the Bible.
13. To be considered pure silver as part of an alloy, it must contain more than 90% Silver.
14. My favorite fact is that Silver Bullets are able to kill Vampires as well as Villains. Silver bullets were also used by the lone ranger.
15. The US produces the highest amount of Silver from Nevada.
16. Second only to Gold, Silver is the second most valuable prehcious metal.
17. Stacking is a term that collectors and dealers use to refer to Silver coin collecting.
18. Silver is an Anglo Saxon term meaning “seolfor”, which refers to the element.
19. Silver is mostly produced in Mexico, Peru, Russia, Australia and China to name just a few.
20. Silver coins were first used in Greece 400BC.
21. In 845 AD, the French King paid the Vikings 7000 pound of Silver to leave after they invaded.
You can add to this list for days, as there are literally thousands of facts online about Silver.
After learning a little bit about Silver, click the link to start investing in Silver Silver Bullion Archives or Gold Bullion Ireland.
Thank you for reading.
BUY SILVER BULLIN !!!! !
21 Facts About Silver Gold Bullion Ireland
Leave a Reply